Omega-3 salmon is one of the most suitable fish to be cooked on the grill. Salmon, which grows in cold waters, is generally preferred grill and oven as a cooking method because it is oily.
If you prefer to cook on the barbecue, you may need to shorten the cooking time a little more depending on the temperature of the fire. A medium-thick salmon fillet cooks in an average of 10-12 minutes on an electric grill. If you cook longer, the fish will dry out and lose its flavor.
If you want to fillet salmon on the grill, make sure the skin is on. Salmon is a delicate fish and cooks quickly, making it prone to falling apart. The skin helps to keep it whole and prevents it from falling apart during cooking.
We will prepare a sauce with butter, lemon, garlic and dill and apply some of it on the fish during cooking, while the rest is reserved for serving.
You will love this recipe that you can serve with lemon slices and dill. Bon appetit in advance 🙂
- 6 Adet Somon Fileto
- 6 Yemek kaşığı tereyağı
- 4 Diş sarımsak (ince doğranmış)
- 2 Yemek kaşığı limon suyu
- 2 Yemek kaşığı dereotu (ince doğranmış)
- 2 Çay kaşığı tuz
- ½ Çay kaşığı karabiber
- 2 lbs salmon filet, skin-on, cut into 6 portions
- ½ cup unsalted butter, (8 Tbsp)
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed (NOT PRESSED)
- 2 Tbsp lime juice , (from 1 lime)plus lime wedges to serve
- 2 Tbsp dill, chopped, plus more to garnish
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add the lightly crushed or chopped garlic cloves, salt and pepper and fry for about 2 minutes.
- Finally add the lemon juice and dill, stir and turn off the heat.
- Put half of the sauce you prepared in a separate bowl. Keep the rest warm in the sauce pot.
- Place the fillets on a large tray with the skin on the bottom. Spread half of the sauce in the bowl over the fillets with the help of a brush. Marinate for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Put the marinated salmon on the grill with the skin underneath and start cooking. After 3-4 minutes, turn the salmon over and cook the meat part for 3-4 minutes, then apply the sauce in the bowl on the skin with the help of a brush and turn it again. Sauce the meat part with the help of a brush.
- The cooking time of salmon varies according to the grill or barbecue you use. Salmon is a fast-cooking fish and a medium-thick salmon fillet cooks in about 12 minutes on an electric grill. You know it is cooked when the color starts to turn opaque. Check with a fork and place on a serving plate.
- Heat the sauce in the sauce pan and pour it over the fillets. You can serve with lemon slices. Enjoy your meal.
Image and recipe source: https://natashaskitchen.com/2017/06/20/grilled-salmon-with-garlic-lime-butter/